The Mis(ter)education of William

If you love President Bush, then you will love to hate this blog. I'm just kidding. Actually this blog is dedicated to my thoughts and feelings on a variety of issues in my life and in the world. I am a teacher at an inner-city (99% black) school in Jax, FL. So check back every now & again and leave some comments. You'll leave feeling good about yourself.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, United States

I am an "old soul". I like to just hang out with people I enjoy being around. i've grown out of my club phase & my getting so drunk I piss myself phase too. (Sorry about that again Angel). I love to laugh and have fun. I enjoy molding young minds. I am passionate about teaching kids, especially black males. My goal is to be a role model for any student that I come in contact with. I'm pleasant, kind, generous, loving & outgoing.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Happy New Year

Holy cow, it has been a little while since I last had an update & I realize my rabid fan base is starting to get anxious, so I better get to posting. Therefore, my New Years's Resolution is to update at least once a week. So I will start with a random observations.

  • Chris Rock had a skit that talked about divorce. He said, "If you are worth $100 million and you have to give your wife $50 million, big deal you're still rich. But if you make $30,000 and you have to give your wife half...you might have to kill her." Somehow I believe Michael Strahan, who has to give his wife $15.5 million, more than half his net worth, doesn't agree with Chris Rock.
  • Barack Obama 2008. I am very interested in what the negative angle his opponents will take when attacking him.
  • Saw the new iPhone. I hate how they keep inventing new stuff that I just have to have. I am going to be cash poor, but technology rich.
  • I am teaching a Psychology class this semester. I now wish that I would have majored in Psychology in college because it is so interesting.
  • I went to a basketball game at my school and was sitting around a 15 year old girl. Her language was so foul that I had to interject. She could've cared less about what I said. I just get the feeling that she will have kids that I will one day teach and I'll know why those children act the way they act.
  • I love Peanut Butter Twix.
  • I was chatting with a girl from Ghana and she sent me a picture. Long story short, my passport will have a Ghana stamp on it someday.
  • I had a male colleague at the school slip this quote while we were having a conversation and a female student gave me a paper. He said, "Damn she's fine." I don't have any daughters, but I was completely sickened by his statement and let him know as much. I see why Dateline: To Catch a Predator will never run out of episodes.
  • Sports is where you can find Dr. Martin Luther King's dream realized. At an MLK basketball tournament, I saw little black boys and little white boys playing with each other and not being judged by the color of their skin, but by the rotation on their jump shots.
  • Even with more troops, we are set to be in Iraq for a really long time. The next president will inherit a foreign policy mess.
  • Reggie Bush got hit so hard, I was shocked he kept all his teeth in his mouth. then he and Deuce McAllister promptly ran my Eagles rapid.
  • Boise State 43 Oklahoma 42. Sometimes life just deals you a sweet hand.
  • Wife Swap on ABC is one of the best shows going. It's funny and heartwarming.
  • If he keeps it up, Lil Wayne may just become the best rapper alive. Even ahead of the great Jay-Z.
  • Cocaine rap needs to be flushed. A lot of my young black males are so enamored with it, that it is becoming a great recruiting tool for future drug dealers.
  • I love Oprah Winfrey so much and her new school for girls in S. Africa will be a huge success.
  • I had a four day weekend and at the risk of sounding like a moron, the best sentence on TV is "(James) you are (not) the father"
  • Have a wonderful week. I love you all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

thanks for the updates. always good to get your perspective on social commentary. if you will, check out www.rawdawgb.blogspot.com. i think you'll like his commentary a lot. oh, and by the way, this statement is priceless: "Sports is where you can find Dr. Martin Luther King's dream realized. At an MLK basketball tournament, I saw little black boys and little white boys playing with each other and not being judged by the color of their skin, but by the rotation on their jump shots."

2:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Really like your updates, on the young lady you sat next to at the game who was being profane. I know they act like they don't care about what you say, but sometimes you plant a seed. I've seen kids comeback later (sometimes years later) and mention something I or a colleague said. Don't give up. Sometimes teachers are the only positive adult roll models kids have.
God Bless,
PS Agreed that Peanut Butter Twix is great and that Iraq is a sad mess...

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home