The Mis(ter)education of William

If you love President Bush, then you will love to hate this blog. I'm just kidding. Actually this blog is dedicated to my thoughts and feelings on a variety of issues in my life and in the world. I am a teacher at an inner-city (99% black) school in Jax, FL. So check back every now & again and leave some comments. You'll leave feeling good about yourself.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, United States

I am an "old soul". I like to just hang out with people I enjoy being around. i've grown out of my club phase & my getting so drunk I piss myself phase too. (Sorry about that again Angel). I love to laugh and have fun. I enjoy molding young minds. I am passionate about teaching kids, especially black males. My goal is to be a role model for any student that I come in contact with. I'm pleasant, kind, generous, loving & outgoing.

Friday, September 15, 2006

My Frustration

I see it so vividly, futures so bright they burn my retina intensly. Yet still I see.
Their families, the fame, the fortunes they amass
The nice rides, expensive clothes, the new black upperclass.
I see them with their caps & gowns
Their spouses & kids, their smiles & frowns
Their lifestyles upscale, their homes downtown
Their proud parents nearby, their self-esteem sky high
All this so clear, I see it right before my eyes
Their lives, their wives all reaching new heights
Made that much sweeter when I remember their plight.
Standardized test took what confidence they had left
So much negative press I thought Ribault began with the letter F
In them I instill a desire and a will
To rise up from being dormant and begin to ascend
Yet some still continue hesitation, they deflect my motivation
They continue to test my patience, which leads to my frustration
How is it I clearly see their dreams, life-like and in 3D
Yet they can't see it for themselves, the closest some get is me
Is my vision blurred? Could I be wrong?
I hope not, but just in case get an optometrist on the phone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

i think the fact that you take your job so seriously is inspiring. i only wish the young warriors knew that how willing you are to fight their battles for them, so they can remain kids for at least a little while longer...

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home