The Mis(ter)education of William

If you love President Bush, then you will love to hate this blog. I'm just kidding. Actually this blog is dedicated to my thoughts and feelings on a variety of issues in my life and in the world. I am a teacher at an inner-city (99% black) school in Jax, FL. So check back every now & again and leave some comments. You'll leave feeling good about yourself.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, United States

I am an "old soul". I like to just hang out with people I enjoy being around. i've grown out of my club phase & my getting so drunk I piss myself phase too. (Sorry about that again Angel). I love to laugh and have fun. I enjoy molding young minds. I am passionate about teaching kids, especially black males. My goal is to be a role model for any student that I come in contact with. I'm pleasant, kind, generous, loving & outgoing.

Monday, October 09, 2006

My Soul (A Poem)

My heart aches as I wait to overcome this abyss
Trapped in this town of sadness, moments ago I was in a state of bliss
This pain is two hands wringing out my heart
I'm begging to be finished off, but I'm afraid this is only the start
Why have I been chosen to be a planter of this seed
Why can't I just succumb to money, drugs, thugs, girls, gold & greed
Surrounded by this cess pool of a world, Ever closer I see the slime slide in
Sometimes I wonder...Is it inevitable that I'm going under? If so, why not dive in
What if I'm not the solution. What if what I build falls apart
Or what if a blazing inferno of change spreads and I am the spark
Will I be remembered, like others before, as a movement that began as one
Or will I be remembered amongst a host of pretenders who tried to empower, but had none
My tortured mind cries out, "When will we get better?"
But my tears start to fall, as I hear a voice call and my soul answers never.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

"What if I'm not the solution. What if what I build falls apart
Or what if a blazing inferno of change spreads and I am the spark
Will I be remembered, like others before, as a movement that began as one
Or will I be remembered amongst a host of pretenders who tried to empower, but had none"


these are some powerful lines sir. i think you already know the answers to your inquiries. if not, just look into the eyes of your students... ;-)

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home